Saturday, May 10, 2008

Belief is Everything

I recently read a fellow classmates blog article entitled Ty to Listen to Logic for Once, and it left me with a one, nagging question throughout the read.

Is this article merely an opinion or based on hard evidence? I never saw any links to any evidence proving that President Bush is "tapping the wires of 303,907,819 people." Where is that number coming from? I find it very hard to believe that he is listening into everyone's phone line. This ability is used for people the government find suspicious, not the entire country.

I was also left with the impression that the writer was unsure of his facts.

"Out of the seven or so years the government may have found two potential spies using wiretapping."

That just does not sound like concrete evidence and if it is, is not written as such to make the reader BELIVE that it is fact. Belief is everything. This can come sometimes from the way you write things. Using words such as "may" do not sound very conclusive.

The opinions are there, it is just hard to swing my opinions or think along these lines without some evidence to back these ideas up.

No comments: